5.11.2009

Mother's Day

Yesterday was a nice, relaxing Mother's Day. Lil' SB and Papa SB greeted me with a kiss, a card & "Happy Mother's Day." My favorite gift for the day was time---time to veg on the couch (while he played w/ Lil' SB), time to go shopping, and time not used on housework---Papa SB took care of that. I also loved the gift Lil' SB made at preschool. Her teacher, Miss Kim, asked her a series of questions. Here are her responses (along w/ my commentary):

1. How old is Mommy? 4 (more like X 9)

2. What is something Mommy always says? Please (probably while gritting my teeth from frustration)

3. What makes Mommy happy? She is happy because she eats apples! (we had a chocolate/caramel covered apple the night before...I guess I enjoyed it!)

4. How tall is your mommy? A hundred (hey, at least she knew measurement had to do with a number, right?)

5. What is her favorite thing to do? Fly in the sky with a rocket ship in space. (what an imagination)

6. What is she really good at? Fixing puzzles (we've been doing a lot of that lately)

7. What do you like to do with Mommy? Figuring out my states puzzle (she's getting pretty good at it, too!)

8. What is her favorite food? pizza (Mexican food is, but pizza is a close second)

9. How do you know Mommy loves you? I know because I am smart! (too cute)

10. What is your favorite thing Mommy cooks? Arthur macaroni & cheese (and she would eat it for every meal if I let her!)

11. What is her favorite color? purple (exactly!)

12. My mommy is...smart! (what a nice compliment...I guess I have her fooled...hee hee)

It's funny to hear a 3 1/2 yr. old's perspective!!!

1 comment:

Buffy said...

That is soooo sweet! It brought tears to my eyes! You are such a good mom:)